Operating within a warehouse’s environment and managing the large quantities and value of inventory is a competitive advantage in today’s dynamic economy. Gaining this competitive advantage requires being able to identify the various operations in a warehouse and recognizing the need to implement continuous improvement initiatives to make a warehouse more productive.
This program is designed to increase knowledge of the role of a warehouse, how inventory managed and moved into through and out of the store either to an internal customer or an external customer.
The program covers:
- The role of a modern warehouse and distribution center in the 21st Century.
- How does a warehouse fits into the greater supply chain?
- The receipt, storage and issuing of stock.
- Warehouse automation and responsive warehouse management
- Warehouse management system, paperless picking and digitization