THEME: Relationships and Results
Introduction to the course
- Introduction and group dynamics
- Course Objectives
Introducing the Soft Skills
- What are soft skills?
- Hard skills vs soft skills?
- Why soft skills matter
- The virtuous circle of relationships and results
Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- What is El and what are it's five components?
- Self-awareness and self-regulation
- Using the three types of empathy
- Conducting a self-assessment
- Having a positive attitude
- The communication cycle
- Communicative variables
- What is effective communication?
- What is trust and what are the types of trust?
- Building and repairing trust
- Sources of feedback
- Feedback models and approaches
- Feedback vs. feedforward
Theme: Influencing Without Authority
DISC Analysis and It's Implications
- What is DISC?
- The DISC variables
- Managing, leading and communicating with DISC
- Taking a DISC assessment
- Ways to change thinking and action
- Assertiveness and responsiveness
- Push and pull influencing
- Managing up
- Influencing games
- What is argument?
- Using ethos, pathos, logos and kairos
- Putting forward an argument using rhetorical approaches
- Etiquette and soft skills for writing
- Controlling your diplomacy
- Avoiding "flaming"
- Principled vs. positional negotiation
- Negotiation approaches and tactics
- Negotiation roleplay